Lime Access provides a complete platform for defining, generating, recording and managing virtual work environments that are safe for remote access, and are fully customized to the needs of each organization.
Comprehensive Service Supplier
Lime Access provides virtual work environments, fully customized, for safe remote access.
The generated environment (Client Lime Access) is a secure virtual operating system and is totally portable. It is installed in an external storage device (optical disc, memory card or USB drive), and launches automatically on any PC or laptop without accessing any hard drive. It runs directly out of the RAM of the client computer. It uses the computer’s physical resources without requiring any additional software. It allows you to work from any PC in an environment which is adapted to your needs and is secure.
For the end user the system becomes an environment of ‘Portable Personality’, allowing access to corporate networks with total mobility, regardless of location or physical device used.
From the standpoint of the host system the platform acts as a complete system of distributed virtualization, because whether it works on Linux or on Windows, we have a complete virtual operating system tailored to the needs of the host’s user.
Lime Access Client can be configured by the host organization for its clients providing a fully configured environment for distribution on cheap external memory devices. This environment includes Linux or Windows with applications, access mechanisms, and the functionalities needed. The whole concept greatly facilitates management and maintenance, eventual migration, etc..
The Lime Access platform consists of the following components:
- A generation console, to define and create the image with the content for the Lime Access customer configuration.
- A burning tool (Lime Burn) to write each image on a storage device.
- A management console that allows remote administration and configuration of different Lime Access customers in a process of periodic synchronization of images previously distributed by the host organization,.
- Lime Access Client (generated image, including a secure operating system and all applications necessary for the required work environment and access to the host).
The Lime Access framework is a distributed model where each Client acts as a virtual self, getting all the benefits of virtualization together with the benefits of a distributed system:
- Reduced TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) of the virtual as compared to the physical embodiment of the client work-station (and even compared to a centralized virtualization of the client).
- Applicable everywhere.
- Simplicity of management of the software applications and operating systems contained in the virtual environment.
The advantages of Lime Access are added security capabilities, portability and hardware independence, and can be summarized as: Virtualization + Security + Mobility
Keys to the Lime Access solution
- Secure telework environments
- Client Virtualization distributed at low cost
- Back-up & Restore for highly mobile and geographically dispersed clients
- Ubiquitous access for personnel
- Reduced cost of up to 50% in mobile environments
- Access 100% free of phishing and pharming for collaborative environments
- Solution customizable, scalable, secure and easily manageable
- Virtualization in local pre-configured applications
For further information: